Social & Emotional Intelligence – Another way of being smart – Heighten Success, improve your life and become an Influential Leader. We will cover 26 competencies that determine how we manage ourselves and how we handle our relationships.
14th of the Series is:
Sensing others’ feelings and perspectives, and taking an active interest in their concerns; the ability to put yourself in another’s place and to take that perspective into account in your relationship with the other person.
Here are some of the qualities people have with “Empathy”.
- Are attentive to and able to attune to a wide range of emotional signals.
- Listen for and sense the felt, but unspoken emotions in a person or group.
- Show sensitivity to and understand others’ perspectives and feelings – they can “walk a mile in the other person’s moccasins.”
- Are able to help the other person or the group based on an accurate understanding of their needs and feelings.
Here are some of the qualities people have who are lacking Empathy.
- Stereotype others.
- Tend to act without considering how others might feel about something.
Can you strengthen your “Empathy”? YES!
Some Developmental Tips
- Listening is the key to empathy. Quiet your mind, still the inner clamor, and listen deeply for more than the other person’s words. Listen for the other person’s needs (i.e., to be respected, to be included, to be acknowledged?)
- Hear the emotions that accompany an expressed statement.
- Withhold your judgments; when tempted to criticize or dismiss the opinions of another, stop. Step back and consider, on an emotional level as well as a cognitive level, what the other person may be experiencing and what merits another’s point of view may have.
Certified through the:
Our Social & Emotional Intelligence coaching services:
- We are certified coaches through The “Institute of Social & Emotional Intelligence
- We use two assessments to help us better understand you and for you to get to know your strengths and possible areas that could improve.
- We help you break through barriers that can hold you back from reaching a fulfilled work & personal life
To learn more: Social & Emotional Intelligence Coaching
Our HR Program includes an employee manual and much more. We walk you through step by step offering sound advice as we work together to personalize your practices’ specific online employee manual.
To learn more: Human Resources
Dental Consulting Services
A Minnesota Dental Consulting Company who provides successful dental management systems specific to your needs using a hands-on approach. Building strong teams by advancing their communication skills with each other and your patients.
To learn more: Dental Consulting Services